Powered by Blogger.

Avengers: Endgame | Review



The Avengers are more than just a team, they are a family and that is what this story was about. Under the action and the drama, Avengers: Endgame is truly a film about a fractured family struggling to get through the tragedy they have faced.  


I won’t spoil the Endgame for fans. I’ll leave that to my future self on my YouTube channel (self-promo hello). But I do want to discuss the film that’s been a decade in the making. 

It was a love letter to the MCU. It felt so rewarding for fans who had been paying attention and have stuck with this franchise watching every movie. 

This film is immensely important for Marvel. It’s the end of everything we know and we’re saying goodbye to so many characters we love. There’s nothing I hate more than loose ends but Endgame closed this chapter nicely. While I was very emotional, I did leave the cinema happy with this being the end for our Avengers. 

I’ve been very nice to the film so far and while I did enjoy it, it did have a few problems. Besides from making the mistake every Avengers film has made and butchered a certain character's writing, it felt messy. Individual scenes were absolute gold and had me feeling all kinds of emotions but the film as a whole was disjointed. 

But what can really be expected of a film that has such a big task? Endgame not only had to fit in so many different characters and their respective storylines but also focus on the conclusion of storylines for some while also developing others. Not to mention that it also had to set up the completely new age and dynamic of the MCU. It was a lot. 

If you thought Avengers: Infinity War was emotional then you are not ready for the journey Avengers: Endgame takes you on. You won’t know whether to laugh or cry. I’m left with only one question: was this film a neatly folded ending or a beautiful new beginning?

No comments