Powered by Blogger.

April Favourites 2017


April felt like such a long month, it felt like everything happened but at the same time, nothing happened. I probably feel like that because I had two weeks off from college in which I didn't leave my house... Anyway, here are my monthly favourites! 


My TV favourite this month is The Vampire Diaries. Although I'm very late to the game and haven't actually completed the series yet, it's all I'm watching and thinking about. I even stayed up all night to finish the last 18 episodes in season 3... I am currently on season 6 and I can't wait to get caught up (even though it's ended, cry) so I can start the spin-off, The Originals, straight after. Currently, my favourite characters are Damon, Caroline, Bonnie and Alaric. One thing you should know about this show is to trust nothing, no one is dead for long and no one is safe, even if they return from the grave. You'll cry a lot, I certainly have and honestly, I'd like to take a moment to state how much I hate my friend that recommended this painful show. Hi, Abbie. 




Another supernatural favourite this month is the book, City of Bones. This is the first book in the mortal instruments series, which I'm planning on slowly getting my way through. I already knew the story and the characters since the show, Shadowhunters, has been my latest obsession. And although I already knew the major plot points and twists, I still really enjoyed this book. It was nice to get more of an insight into characters, especially Clary and Jace who aren't exactly portrayed in the best light on the show. Clary is much more likeable in the book but still as clueless to the world around her. Jace's past is explored a lot more, than the show, and you see how much damage his father truly did. Unfortunately, this first book didn't focus on Alec and Magnus as much as I would have liked but there is still 5 more books for me to read through. I really like the idea of The Mortal Instruments series, it's such a familiar story of the supernatural but with a new perspective and elements. 




My film favourite of April has to be Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and that's not just because I stan everything Marvel like there's no tomorrow. It was extremely funny and I don't often properly laugh at films, at least not to the point of crying with laughter. But at the same time, it was really heartfelt and emotional. If you'd like to see my full GotG review, click here




Speaking of Marvel, I read a lot of comics this month. I read a lot of Silk and Spider-Woman comics, trying to get up to date on the characters so I could be fully knowledgeable when reading the crossover with Spider-Gwen, Spider-Women. I fell in love with Cindy Moon and Jessica Drew. Both are Spider-powered heroes but their origins are different. I particularly like Spider-Woman's origin story. She was brainwashed by Hydra and still managed to find the light and get out!! Now that is a true hero. I now also have a need to see Spider-Woman on the big screen with her best bud, Captain Marvel.
In the crossover comic, Spider-Women, the three Spidey heroes get stuck on Spider-Gwen's earth, which is a real problem for new mother Jessica Drew. This comic is fantastic. It is beautifully diverse with the all the heroes being women, obviously, but also the villain. Not only that but it is funny and so clever. If you're a fan of one or all of these heroes, or even just a fan of Spider-Man you need to read this action-packed crossover!

Thanks for reading! Let me know some your favourites in the comments. :) 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments